Friday, January 21, 2011

My Own Two Hands

Like in the days past I have let my iPod decided the title of the days blog. Today's song "My Own Two Hands" is by Jack Johnson and Ben Harper. In today's case the song will set the foundation of the blog.
It's been a couple of days since I blogged and through I should catch you up on one of the bigger things.
Yesterday was a big day.
You may or may not be aware that I have been serving as the Vice President for Main Street Portsmouth in 2010. Main Street's mission is to provide services, incentives and collaborative opportunities to promote a healthy economic downtown while preserving historic integrity.
Apparently in this organization there is an order of succession, between the President and the Vice President.
On Thursday I was elected to the office of President of Main Street Portsmouth. This is so exciting and terrifying at the same time. It's a big leap of faith.
We are a small organization that has experienced a lot of growing pains. I do not consider that to be a bad thing though. There are still some of those growing pains to experience, I hope that I will be up for the task in leading the organization to bigger and better things.
After the news got back to the newspaper where I work, they insisted I sit down with a reporter and share my ideas and hopes for the next year. It was different being on the other side of the recorder.
There is a lot of work to be done with this fine organization for the betterment of Portsmouth. It's my hope I do not screw it up to bad.

On a lighter note I saw this sign today and just had to get a photo of it. I found it to be entertaining, so I would like to share it with you.



I will be traveling to Camp Bountiful in the morning for a Board of Directors meeting. I will be seeking a second term as the boards Vice President. I'll keep you posted on how that goes. Oh, and don't be jealous, cause I will likely be there all day long.....

Thanks for letting be ramble on for a while and as always...thanks for reading.

-W

No comments:

Post a Comment