Tuesday, March 15, 2011

All You Need Is Love...

All you need is love!

As many of you know and most of you were in attendance I got ordained on Sunday to the priesthood of the Community Of Christ. It was such a powerful service. There were a number of people that made the trip to Camp Bountiful in support of me. It continues to amaze me how much love and support was present that day.
The service was held as the closing service for Jr. High Spring retreat. The theme for the weekend was I believe. We explored the idea of World Religions and how they relate to the Community of Christ. We also explored the idea of being support for one another and how easy it is to have our love tank drained and filled back up. We also wrote encouraging notes to others in attendance so they could reflect on them when times are tough.
As you can see from the photos three of my dearest friends were able to preform the ordination. Becky, Alicia and Lee Lee. With Alicia saying the prayer. This was the first time she has ordained someone since being ordained herself. You could totally tell once the service began she was divinely driven. I am so grateful to have friends that would say yes to being apart of this special day in my life.
I would be remiss if I did not tell you I was really really nervous about the service. I sat beside my friend Jessica during the service and we were able to laugh throughout the service. It was fun to be able to laugh through the nerves.
During the service there was paper hearts passed out. Those in attendance were advised to write encouraging notes to me. In the end there were a bunch of them that will provide encouragement to me for a long time.
I was also give a very unique piece of art work during the service...
Even through everyone could not be there, I was able to feel the love and support of those who wished they were there.
I do not think I would be the person I am today without each and everyone of them and you.

As always thanks for taking the time to read this...


2 comments:

  1. Wayne I so wish I would have been able to share that with you. You have made such an impact on my life and I am so proud of you. Thank you for sharing this and your love of Christ with me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO amazing! It was such a wonderful day and I am so so so happy that you are going to have so many wonderful memories to look back on--and this blog post was such a wonderful way to remember the day!! :)

    ReplyDelete