Friday, October 21, 2011

Peace

I know I have been distant as of late when it comes to blogging but I have been busy and things are changing everyday. I have been thinking about this post for a few days now and thought it was time to put my thoughts down. 
I have had the above bracelet on my left wrist for about three years now (it's washed regularly).
It was given to my at the end of SPEC in 2009. I thought it was cool so I put it on thinking it was the cool thing to do at the time.
A couple of months later I still had it on. I do not recall when the decision was made to keep it on until it breaks, but at some point it was.
These days it has become natural for me to not even think about having it on, and my wrist would look weird without it.
Surprisingly there have been every few people ask me about it. When people do ask me about it I tell them the story I just told you and end by saying there's a sermon in there somewhere.
About a month ago I discovered a crack in the bracelet at the end of the letter P, and it has gotten progressively worse.
The crack is now to the bottom of the bracelet and cuts the thickness of the bracelet in half. So, before to long it will break off.
I suppose it's ironic that peace is beginning to break. Am still trying to figure out that sermon within this experience, will keep you posted.

Thanks for taking the time to read my rants.......

-W   

No comments:

Post a Comment