Wednesday, January 18, 2012

It's been a while....

Hello Friends....It's been a while since I've bogged about what is going on in my life. Things have been a bit on the crazy side. There has been lots going on and lots of side projects that I have taken my attention away from things like this;
One of my new years resolutions was to read more, so I started this book,
with the idea being that I would finish it by the end of the month for the e3 class. Well, I am just about half way through the book and we are 18 days into the month and 10 days away from the first day of class. We will see how far I can get.

• Tomorrow is going to be a big day for me. It marks the end of my term as the president of Main Street Portsmouth. This year there has been a number of challenges before us and I am proud to report we have overcome them all. Two of the biggest issues is that we were on the brink of loosing a major funding source, we were able to secure it for another year, because of that we have been able to keep our doors open. This year we also hired a new director, that has taken the organization in a new and exciting direction. 

• Last weekend we lost a couple of giants in the community. It was due to natural causes but is still hard to loose friends. Tomorrow is one of their viewings. It will be hard to face that reality but it has to be done.

• This weekend I am headed to Camp Bountiful for a board of directors meeting. This meeting I am also up for re-election as Vice President of the board. I have held this roll for the past two years and I am hopeful I can continue in the capacity. I love the fact that I am able to contribute to this fine organization and camp ground in this way. I will keep you posted on how this goes.



Well I think that is enough ranting for now. So, as always thanks for reading..

-W

No comments:

Post a Comment