Monday, March 26, 2012

Continually Amazed

Hello All,

I hope this finds you doing well with your self and your family. Life continues to amaze me. This weekend was action packed and filled with a lot of things. This morning when I woke up there was an unexpected facebook message from a former camper at Camp Bountiful expressing some concerns they had about a surgery someone is having. She reached out to about 50 people that were a part of her camping experience. That took me for a loop (in a good way.) In recent years I have been reading about the concept of community.
To me one of the greatest examples of community is Camp Bountiful. At this place a group of strangers can come together for a week of fun and fellowship and leave as family. That has and will continue to amaze me.
In most cases once the camp experience is over that connectedness does not stop. In this example some have been removed for years and yet feel the need to turn to a family of friends that has shown nothing but love and support.
The spirit works in mysterious ways.   


Have a blessed day....
-W

No comments:

Post a Comment