Saturday, January 1, 2011

A good start to something.....


Well last night was (New Year's Eve) fun. I went out to dinner with a friend of mine. She lives in Dayton and is attending graduate school. She comes down to visit every once and a while, so it was nice to get to spend some quality time with her.
This morning was also somewhat adventurous. I photographed the 10th annual Portsmouth Polar Plunge on the back of the Ohio River. There was an estimated 110 people there to jump in the river. It was about 40 degrees on the surface and a little colder in the water. The event raises money for Boy Scouts and all of there efforts. By the time the event was over it was starting to rain, as a result I have caught a little bit of a cold. So this evening will be spent relaxing around the house and trying to shake this cold.
So in a couple of weeks the congregation I go to will be casting a conformation vote on my priesthood call. This is exciting and scary on so many levels.
Soon I will be reaching the halfway point in the three classes I am required to take. I am looking about having the ordination service towards the end of February. If all goes as planed.
On Monday, I and a co-worker will be traveling to Columbus for the day. We are going to cover one of the new local legislators being sworn into office. So it will be nice to see the state house in all of it's glory.
I hope your New Year's Eve and New Year's day were blessed and your new year will provide new opportunities and fresh perspectives.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great start to your New Year! I am looking forward to you becoming an ordained minister. The congregational vote and classes are just steps onto becoming the minister God called you to be!

    ReplyDelete