Monday, January 3, 2011

Today Was Kind Of Interesting



Today me and a co-worker traveled from Portsmouth to Columbus, Ohio to cover an event happening at the Capital Building. A swearing-in was held for a newly elected state representative. A large number of people made the two hour trip to watch the events unfold.
This was the first time I have seen the a portion of the state house and the house of representatives chambers. To be in a room where so many things have happened and so many laws have been made was exciting.
After the ceremony Ohio's Governor-elect came by to say a few words of encouragement. The conversation quickly turned to prescription drug abuse and the issues facing us back home.
One of the first statements that came out of the Governor-elect's mouth was, "the devil is running that county." That was interesting in that he quickly turned the conversation to have the issue be taken up my the ministers in the county. He suggested they needed to unite in one purpose and one prayer concerning prescription drug abuse.
One of the other good things of the day was that on the way back I was able to find gas for $2.90 a gallon. (I know that's kind of bad to be excited about that, with they way gas prices are I think I am justified.)
Here's hoping we can united behind the cause of finding some resolution to the prescription drug abuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment