Thursday, January 27, 2011

While We Wait

Today's song title is from Jack Johnson "While We Wait." Do you every have one of those days where you do not feel like doing much of anything. While at the same time having so much to do you do not know where to begin?
The last couple of days has been that way for me. That may or may not be a bad things I have not decided.
There is once a year in the newspaper industry that we call "progress." This is an issue of the paper that is about 80 pages. That is well beyond the normal for the newspaper in this area. It takes a LOT of planning and coordination on my part. I have about 30 stories that are to be written for this issue. Just between you and me I have not started and everything is due on February 11.
On most mornings before I come into the office I try to think of things I need to get done throughout the day.
One of my goals for tomorrow is to start that process. Who knows if I will get to it or not. Wish me luck.
Today I was able to attend the Cincinnati Red's Caravan. This is where a number of Red's officials and players travel the area and meet with fans. today's event was held in the lobby of a local radio station that was meant to hold 20 people on a good day. For today's event there were 40 or 50 people in this space. The good news is that I was able to sweat off a coupe of pounds in the process. Here are some photos of the event,

































The town I live in has a rich history with Major League Baseball and we like to celebrate it as often as we can.

Thanks for letting me rant for a bit...and as always thanks for reading.

-W

1 comment: