Thursday, February 3, 2011

Pictures Of People Taking Pictures


Today's Blog title comes from a song by Jack Johnson, "Pictures Of People Taking Pictures." Kinda fits hugh? The other day I was in such a bad mood and wanted to crawl into a hole and not come out until morning. Recognizing I was in that mood I needed something to distract me. So I decided to clean. In that cleaning I ran across the camp logs from this summer. I then stopped and look at them with such fond memories of the good times that we had over the summer. After reading the logs and reading what everyone wrote about me in them my mood improved and it was a productive cleaning session.
There is this photo that has been around for a while that's kind of fitting, the photo's text states, "its funny how a photograph can take you back in time to the places and embraces that you once left behind."
May each of us take the time in the near future take the time to think about those places and people that we have seen and experienced God in.

3 comments:

  1. love the photo and i love that we'll all be at bountiful so soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an awesome post! I love when camp memories brighten up my life. :) I also have this really cool flip book that we made at the last retreat to look at when I'm down...;) hmmm i wonder who's awesome idea that was! :) Love ya! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Kenz said, that flip book lifts me up every time. Whoever thought of that was pretty much awesome!

    ReplyDelete