Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Crazy Love

Crazy Love, I finished the book yesterday and wanted to pick it up again and read it. It has so
many messages that I was not able to pick up on them all the first time through. This is defiantly
one of those books you keep on your shelf and read again and again.
Here are a few quotes from the book that stood out to me,

“A friend of nine once said that Christians are like manure; spread them out and they help
everything grow better, but keep them in one big pile and they stink horribly. Which are you the
kind that reeks, around which people walk a wide swath? Or the kind that trusts God enough
to let Him spread you out-weather that means going outside your normal group of Christian
friends, increasing your material giving, or using your time to help others?”

“I have made a commitment to consistently put myself in situations that scare ma and require
God to come through.”

“Our view of the holy spirit is too small. The holy spirit is the one who changes the church, but
we have to remember that the Holy spirit lives in us. It is individual people living Spirit-filled lives
that will change the church.”

There are many many more quotes just like these throughout every page of this book. I would
recommend you read it. If you want we can compare notes afterwards. There are many more
books on the agenda for the rest of the year I will let you what I select and how good of a read it
is.

Thanks for letting me rant for a while…..and thanks for reading.

1 comment:

  1. AHH! I can't wait to finish my book so I can get started! I've only heard the greatest things ever about it.

    ReplyDelete