Friday, July 1, 2011

Something To consider......

Have you ever wondered sometimes why we can't live in true community? We all live in communities of our family, friends and neighbors. What would it mean if we were in true community?
I have been doing some reading in this concept/idea and find it fascinating. How it applys to everyday like and particularly when it comes to camp.
This week I kind of attended Reunion at Camp Bountiful. I had to go back and forth to work everyday, so I would get up in the early morning and drive the hour it takes to get from camp to my office. The drives to and from were not supper bad any day. I just turned on some music and sailed along. Then I would return in the evening and get to spend a few hours with everyone before lights out.
On Thursday night there was a talent show. After the talent show, the song "One Tribe" came on and those that attended Sr. High camp gathered in a corner and did the Sr. High dance that was set to that song. It was really cool to see them get together and do that.
During Sr. High Camp we became a community and last night that community was revisited.
That showed me, even though the community of Sr. High Camp 2011 is no more, it is still very much alive and well within the hearts and minds of the participants.
It was sweet. ......

No comments:

Post a Comment