Monday, August 29, 2011

The death of a friend

This weekend has been a rough one....I lost a friend....my car. To give you a little history...I have had my car for about 10 year or so and thought it would last a bit longer with all the money I sunk into it as of late.
Saturday was a busy day for me. I traveled to Camp Bountiful to test a fixed sound board we got back from the shop. The drive was fine and ended up staying about four hours. The sound board tested to be fine. The majority of the speakers that were primarily used for the Shelter House have gone bad and was not putting out the sound it needed to.
Got back to town and realized one of my tires was in dire need of replacement. So went to my tire shop and they were out of gently used tires...So I bought a new tire is the range of about $60.
After that, went home had lunch stopped and got gas. Stopped at one last place and just about got out of the parking lot on my way to Columbus for a wedding that evening.
Well I did not make it to the wedding. My car died and did not wake back up.
After sitting in that parking lot for about 3 hours.....and still nothing. We had to call it a night because it was getting dark.
On Sunday we pull the car to my house and bought $100 in parts. It was determined that my car had jumped time. Which means it would be cheaper to scrap the car for its value in metal and begin the process of finding a new car.
Oh, and Sunday night I was in charge of services at Pleasant Valley, there were three people there including me. I ended up just showing some photos from my summer and all the camps I went to. They seemed to enjoy it.
So It has been a looooooooooooooog weekend. But there is some good news that's come out of this experience. I was able to make some good progress in the book I am reading and am almost finished with it. I also have a really good lead on a car that would be perfect for my needs. So fingers crossed and with a little bit of luck things will work out for the best.....

Thanks for reading....

No comments:

Post a Comment