Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Life is like a good game of words with friends...

For the past several years now, I have been playing Words With Friends.
For those of you who are not aware of the game, it's similar  to Scrabble, but digital. Not to boast but at any given point I will have 20 or more games going at the same time with various friends.
In my mind, there are various degrees to which people play the game.

Among those 20 or so games I am playing there are a few things that ring true,
1. The minute you play the game, it will take up about a half hour of your time.
2. When you make a move against certain people, they will be there to make a move right back.
This is true with about 5 friends I play against. They have always been there to make a counter move for every move that I make, no matter the time of day.
3. There are some who can not stand for it to be their move. If I make a move, well into the night. A few minutes later they are there to make a move as well.
4. We could go on for hours making various moves without saying a word.
5. Then there are some, in which it takes them a while to make a move, for various reasons (like, they have a life or something).
6. In my case there are certain people you play where I am going to loose by 100 points. 
Here are some of the things I've learned from Words with Friends,  
There is always going to be that beat you at this game, and there are those who will put up a good game and you still loose about by 1 or 2 points.
Then there will be those who you beat by 100 points or those who put up a good game and you win by about 1 or 2 points.
So is the game of Life, there are days in which we feel like we could never win or get ahead because everyone else has made better moves than we have.
Then there are days/weeks/months in which the opposite rings true. When we we are just sailing along and are on top of the world.
My hope and prayer for you my friends,  is that you have more days in which we feel on top of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment