Monday, May 7, 2012

A weekend for me

This weekend was supposed to be men's retreat at Camp Bountiful. The event was canceled due to lack of participation. So, this freed up my calendar a bit. This is not a bad thing, it allowed me some time to do what I wanted when I wanted.
On Saturday, I went to Shawnee State University's Graduation, there were a ton of people there. They graduated nearly 500 people. With double if not triple that number in the audience.  


After that I was invited to attend an Indian Burial. It was an interesting experience. It's always interesting to see how they conduct such a ceremony. A friend of mine was interested in the service so she came with me. It took about an hour and she said her life was changed as a result. It was easy to experience the spirit that was there in abundance.  Most of the people that participated in the service was from northern Ohio. They made the trip to honor those who were being reburied. 
Later Saturday afternoon I went and saw the Avengers in 3D. It was a sweet movie, filled full of action and laughter. I would recommend you see it. I got to the theater about a half hour early and was 50 people back in the line. Despite that I  was still able to get decent seats.
On Sunday, I went to church and then decided to drive to Columbus to do some shopping. I ended up at Target and surprisingly able to find several things I could not live with out. 
Later that afternoon I went to a friends celebration of life. This was a man that had a profound impact on this community, to an extent that is not yet known to a lot of people. 

So, that was the extent of my weekend it was action packed and had a lot of experiences. This weekend I am working on Saturday so, who knows what that will have in store. I am presiding over Sunday services and will be celebrating Mothers day on Sunday. 
The following weekend there will be a lock-in that will have a lot of people and fun.
And the planing for camp has started......

I hope your weekend was really productive as well.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment